View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #41
jwilb88

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

[QUOTE=ChuckLee;7795164]Well, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this LQ4 yet. I just don't want to say, "meh" after i stomp on it the first time. I am determined not to go with a car intake, and also determined not to switch to TBSS intake because I have already committed to the return style rail. (i suppose that's the frugality and stubbornness coming out in me).

I too share your opinion for the car intake, the only stock car intake worth swapping to would be the LS6 and it would only be worth that if you had car accessories. Your intake will be just fine, Will the gen 4 truck intake make more power? Yes, How much more? 10-15 RWHP seems to be common among the dyno results I've seen. As for the heads 243's or 799's doesn't matter same heads. The only differences in some 243's were sodium filled valves and I believe those were only put on the 01-04 ZO6. If you were planning 20lbs of boost for this thing yeah maybe I would search for the 243's due to the slight chance the casting is a little better quality. I faced the same dilemma as you during the planning of my build because I wonted to use the return fuel rail with built in regulator but I ended up going with the GEN 4 truck intake. Your intake will accept the 8.1 truck injectors as a direct replacement (length and electrical connector are the same). The 8.1 injectors are 31lb and will be plenty for your set up but, my honest opinion would be swap to the gen 4 intake and use the flex fuel injectors. You could pick up a corvette filter with built in return and regulator making the fuel system a lot cheaper if your using braided line. As far as the bottom end of the motor, put ARP rod bolts in and rip on it!
jwilb88 is offline   Reply With Quote