youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Very nice...as usual
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Too bad about the axles. Were you able to watch them narrow the rear? Seems they were pretty fast.
No there were pretty guarded with there processes. I would have only been in their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Marc, hate to hear about the added cost. But now you should be good to go for along time...Jim
Yes, that was my thoughts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Bummer about the axles but you don't want to do it halfway and suffer later. It's pretty cool to make one stop and get it all done in a day especially with a custom job!

The spring perches look good - are you boxing those in by chance? I had a set just like that on a '69 Camaro with a 525hp 408 and a Richmond 5 speed and they collapsed during a very sporty burnout - I guess the tires were stickier that day! The rear end rolled as the perches collapsed and the driveshaft twisted off after it gouged a hole in the floor. Bad day.

Maybe overkill but every time I see a set of those it brings back expensive memories!
Yes it was a cool road trip to take a day off of work for. No the peaches are not boxed but they are welded on all sides. My power will be quiet modest compared to what you had. The should hold up fine but I appreciate the heads up.

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote