Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
rcodea

Re: Make it handle

Question regarding bump steer and my alignment guy. Specifics on my truck are below. Having the truck aligned to -0.5* camber, 1/8" toe, and as much positive caster as possible. Hoping for 7-9* caster total.

Am I going to have a big bump steer issue?!?! If so, what center link do I need to buy to fix/improve it?

Basically the alignment guy said that anything more than 3* caster would cause huge bump steer and he would not align it, despite the directions stating specs from Ridetech. I tried to explain that the arms take this into account, but he still refused. Needless to say I got on the phone with Ridetech the next day, and they again stated that the arms have taken this into account. Looking through this thread, it seems that the lowered truck with high caster would actually help improve bump steer, but I may have read that wrong....with the 5/8" too high ITR mounting point on the center link....or conversely 5/8" too low on the OTR mount. By adding caster, we are actually improving this....right?

'71 c10 LWB
Ridetech Shockwave HQ bagovers & StongArms
1.25" MuscleBar
new ITRs, OTRs, pitman, and idler arms
stock center link
billet adjuster sleeves
Belltech 2.5" drop spindles
AGR steering box
29.5" height at the fenders, on the 265/50/R20

Thanks!

~Ryan
rcodea is offline   Reply With Quote