View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #290
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1967 Custom Sport Shop Truck

I only have two more weekends before our Cali trip and I'm losing next Saturday to a mountain cruise with the truck club (looking forward to it, its a blast).

I really want the bedsides done this weekend so I can get the green floor cleaned up a bit, get some primer on the welds, and get it and the bedsides I'm not going to use into my shed for storage for a future project. I then want to get the blue floor into the garage and shortened. I keep it in the driveway during the week, but when I kick the mustang outside I have to flip it into the grass, and grass don't like huge shady coverings right on top of them...

I want to shorten the floor to the sides. The front should match up nice, but the back is finicky with the sides fitting into the cross sill. I can literally match it all up then spot weld the floor so it matches the sides perfectly. Then bolt everything down TIGHT, get it square, then check to make sure the outer bedside weld areas are still straight, then do the final welding. that was the only bad thing about using the "wrong" floor.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote