View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #6
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I'm getting ready to start the swap soon. I only have a few parts left to get. I got some garage space cleaned out for it. Took it for a drive last night, maybe the last one with it's old heart. That engine has been in there since 1985. It's been pulled out a few times. I spun a bearing once, swapped cams and resealed, pulled out for another reseal and paint. The little 283 has been good, I can't complain too much.

This FI Tech system is basically the exact same set up as my old Holley ProJection with some upgrades. Like 4 high pressure injectors instead of 2 low pressure ones. Has a built in fan control. Has variable voltage for the fuel pump to slow it down at idle or low speed to keep the pump cooler, has a much smaller ECU that's mounted to the unit rather than the big old one under the dash and has some timing control with or without a CDI box. Should be an easy change. I'm waiting for the fuel pump delivery though. I don't know if the one I have will produce the pressure needed for this system.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote