View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #149
forestb

Re: Forest's rebuild thread

Finally got my tail light fully installed and working correctly after the squished wire problem. While trying to figuring all that out I found that the guy that installed the wiring got the tail light wire and the dash lights wire switched on the headlight switch. I also had a lot of trouble figuring that one out because the bulbs were not sitting properly in the tail light sockets so the tail lights were not going on.

I also had to make a new trans mount cross member because I had a 700r4 installed and it was causing my old bracket to sag and the drive shaft was hitting my emergency brake.

I also had to widen my rear fenders a little. I thought I was going to either get new tires or try to roll the fender but I saw that the tab that the fender bracket attaches to has a slot rather than just a hole. So I was able to pull on the fender and retighten it so that the fender stayed pushed out a little which should give me the clearance I need. I also got new rear shocks because the old ones were shot. I think that will help a little with keeping the rear from swaying around and rubbing.

I also had to trim some mettle off the bottom and top of my fan shroud so that it fit properly against my radiator. I think that help with a lot of the sound that my electric fan was making due to vibration.

I know these all seem like simple things but some of them were keeping me from taking the truck back to the transmission shop so that he can fix the leek coming from the seal between the tail shaft and the drive shaft. He also needs to install the speedometer cable which he could not install at the time because it was on back order. After the transmission is finished I can try to start saving for the interior again.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote