Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #1243
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

So Wednesday was a productive day, I got the passenger floor and inner kick panel both primed and painted, no pic again, keep forgetting to take one.

Got an early start today, had a friend come over and welded a bumper on his tent trailer for him.

The other day I bought a 4" twisted wire cup and used it to strip the paint off the outside of the fender, worked great but you had to be carful and not press too hard, it definitely was not getting the metal too hot, after the cup I finished it with both 2" and 3" dotco pads to clean up the remainder of the primer and tighter areas, one small area just forward of the marker light had some bondo on it, I'm debating on just spreading my bondo over the top of it? or removing it all.

About the time I was done stripping off the paint I had to grab the welder and fill in a hole on the well area, the metal was pretty thin right there but I eventually got it filled. I then remembered i had a rusted in broke off bolt that needs removed, got it drilled to.125 but the size 2 Extractor would not budge it, I drilled it up to about .250, now I got to go buy a bigger Extractor as I never replaced it when it was broke way back when, and it was pretty hot by then so called it a day.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote