Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #1245
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Looks great, Mike. If it were me, I'd probably remove the filler unless you know for sure what's under it. It could be perfectly fine, but for a patch that small, I'd grind it out, maybe dolly it a little better, then spray the area with self etch and redo the filler as needed.

I know what you're saying about too hot to work. The guy doing my paint work has slowed to a crawl. Went by there Friday to pick up a piece I wanted to work on this weekend and the place was dark. I figure everyone took off, what with the temps near 100 these last few days. Although I'll admit I prefer sweating over freezing.
The filler is under the paint but I didn't see any holes on the back side, its pretty thin though so I'll take it out, I assume the factory may fill slight imperfections? Kinda thinking it was just a little imperfection in the stamping. Your in the school of using self etch before mud, have you had any bad experiences using mud direct to bare metal?

Yea I was so trashed yesterday that I still hurt so much today I canceled my fishing trip to the lake LOO! I gotta admit I'm not used to heat or cold anymore

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote