Thread: 24v Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 09:33 PM   #67
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Yeah, i am going down 80 for a good part of the trip? Why do you ask?

Is there a benefit of having the grid heater on after the engine has started? I am only going by the glow plug stay on in the 6.2/6.5 for a period until the engine gets some heat into it, so i am thinking it would be beneficial for the Cummins too?
Do I need/will I need to hook up the KSB? Do I just give it 12VDC all the time?

I know all about "the next one" I am already planning on two more projects, lol. After I read through your Longhorn thread it made me want to buy one and make it 4x4 with a diesel. I would probably go "electronic" though. I would need it to tow a gooseneck 30-40 trailer for the backhoe my grandfather is giving me, I want to move out west in the mountains and start my own homestead, so I am going to need pretty long trailer to move all my crap with me, lol. I have to get rid of my 69 C10 now so I can buy a Longhorn, I have a line on a decent one in California, but I can't get the guy that said he wanted my truck, to get back to me! So I think I am going to have to put it all together and advertise it to sell it.
After the Longhorn I want a 37-? Dodge civilian Power Wagon, but I am not sure I can afford that one

I actually plan on living in the Suburban if I move out west, until I can get a shelter built for myself.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote