View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #935
youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Well it has been a hell of a summer (not really). I had/have a health issues that caused me to spend a total of 20 days in the hospital at three different times throughout the summer. Needless to say when I was unable to do the most minor house related chores like mowing my own lawn, the Suburban was far from something that I could work on. As my health has (slowly) improved so has my drive to get back in the garage. My friend Paul that owns the Hotrod shop came over on Sunday to lend a hand. I still don't have the strength to do everything myself like I used to..

Updates
: I had a 2 piece driveshaft made. I have never messed with a 2 piece. The C-10 guys use them and since my Porterbuilt suspension uses a lot of the same components I followed suit. It turned out nice plus fully aired out I confirmed that I don't need to cut into my floor anymore. I was pretty happy about that. Check that off of the list.

We also installed Paul's LS mock up block to test fit the LS Hooker headers in relation to my steering linkage (fail). One text to Nate at Porterbuilt and it sounds like a 1" taller set of motor mounts will remedy the issue. That would be a better solution that what we were coming up with. I would like to avoid anymore cutting/grinding/welding.

Later this week Paul will be back out and we will tackle mounting my gas pedal and figuring out my hidden hitch that I have been working on. I picked up a new class 3 Reese hitch cheap that I think I can modify to fit.

Here are a few pics.

Marc
Attached Images

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote