View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #21
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Elwood the 77_remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpoulin01 View Post
I have 2 - 12577 on mine. Love them.
I finally had a few minutes to compare the specs on the mufflers I was considering. I am restricted by my RideTech 4 link not allowing space to run a true dual system out the back. Consequently I need a free flowing muffler that wont be too loud in the cab.

I looked hard at the Borla XL series since I have them on Scarlett and know what they sound like. I compared them to the Magnaflow for size, appearance, and sound.

Its hard to compare sound when there are so many variables, but I listened to several sound clips and liked the Magnaflow stainless series best. The end result is I will be running a MagnaFlow 14336 which is a 2.5" SI/SO.

Up front I have 2.5" Corvette ramhorns flowing in to a mandrel bend Y pipe. I will use Deeds Engineering V bands to connect to a Vibrant Performance #64810 10" flex coupling going back to the Magnaflow muffler. That will be suspended by Deeds Engineering billet brackets and hangers.

From there I will have to rely on Alex my exhaust technician at New Star Muffler to work his magic and get the exhaust pip under the rise in the frame to the wheel well.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote