View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:52 PM   #152
thetucks

Re: 1972 Chevy Pickup Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Ive read through this thread a couple times and I don't think I missed it, there isn't anything about what you had to do to make the body and box fit the frame. Are the wheel bases exactly the same? Just curious overall what the process was making the new frame work with the old body. I did see the rad support work.

Truck is looking great, Im sure a whole bunch of us would like to have a ride like yours!
The wheel base was only a 1 inch difference between the tahoe and the truck. I made that up in the gap from the cab to the bed. I knew it was going to be a 4x4 so i wasnt worried about trying to lower the truck and I didnt want to raise the bed floor so it worked out great. I set the location of the bed first putting it the lowest it could go on the frame. Then I cut off the factory cab mounts from the tahoe and moved them up on top of the frame to where the truck mounts were. Then I welded some brackets to support the mounts and bolted it all down. If I do it again....Ill order some fancy type of mounts and use them instead of the factory ones cut off. But it works.

And thanks. Im happy with how its coming along. This project was originally just a project to work on then sell when it was done, But I dont think im going to be able to sell it.

My build -http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=731246
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote