Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #17
leddzepp

Re: Sold American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn W View Post
Toyota plants in the US always seems to come up in these discussions. They're creating American jobs.
Consider this:
I don't know how many man-hours it takes to build a new car. Let's assume for the sake of argument it's 1,000.
If you had bought a Chevy instead of a Toyota, that's a UAW job that would have gone to a GM employee for 1,000 hours instead of him working at Toyota, and the profits would have gone to Detroit instead of Tokyo.
If you buy a Chevy instead of a Toyota, think of the $1000’s more in maintenance and replacing parts in the years that follow. I own both...a 2001 Yukon XL and a 2003 4Runner.

I have replaced every component on the Yukon, some twice, even three times (fuel pump comes to mind), AC pump, intake gaskets, radiator, surge tank, alternator, water pump, countless ABS sensor problems (finally just pulled the plug on it), O2 sensors, the “air ride” compressor gave out ages ago, has an oil leak, headliner is falling down, etc...

I have replaced the gas cap on the 4Runner because the seal rotted out after 12 years and caused a vacuum leak.

It’s sad, but there is no comparison.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote