View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
TKCR

Re: 77 vrs 84 bench seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpontiac View Post
I bought a 77 Chevy C10 with some Peterbilt bucket seats and a nice console. Really comfy and functional, unfortunately not my style. Looking for a bench seat I can recover. I thought I read that there are a couple different versions, 73-80 were a little lower or something. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. I see the 73-80 foam is different from 81-87. Would an 84 seat bolt into a 77, using the factory holes.
Yes, any of the bench seats from 73-87 will bolt right up to the cab floor. And yes the foam is different. There's the 73-80 foam and then the 81-87 foam. And you got to be careful, some of the 73-80 have a poor mans foam also. These seats are thin on the foam and very springy.
The other thing, although all of the 73-87 seats will bolt to the floor, the tracks have to match the seat frame.
I do restore seats and would be happy to build you one, just click the " I Restore Bench Seats" link below and check some off them out. In the mean, there was a thread awhile back that was started on the subject of the different seat styles. At that time, I was building seats for just a short time.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733808
TKCR is online now   Reply With Quote