View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #369
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

For anyone who has been on a different planet recently (and you would have to have missed this news) there was a wedding today in Windsor. Now I think it's great when folks get married, I'm married myself and very happy with it...........but I'd no great desire to watch the wedding on TV, my wife on the other hand was glued to the TV with box of Kleenex at the ready. This mean't only one thing.....Truck time

First job today was to refit the bottom of the B pillar. I'd removed it for 2 reasons, fiting the inner rocker is much easier with it out of the way and it needed a repair which was easier to do on the bench.

Name:  b pillar 2.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  b pillar done.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  87.2 KB

Next job was to re-hang the door but I decided to strip it before hanging it, it makes it much lighter to handle and it's going to have to be stripped anyway to do the repairs (I can hardly wait to see what I find ) . I'd marked the bolt positions before I removed it so it went back pretty much in exactly the right position, door gap wise.

I made a gauge for the hole positions using a piece of aluminium angle bar, with a spring loaded punch this makes quick work of marking the holes.

Name:  outer rocker.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  83.9 KB

They were pilot drilled at 1/8" and finish drilled at 1/4".

Name:  outer rocker1.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  80.4 KB

After much grunting and cursing I have it fitting pretty good, the door gap is nice but there's a bit of work to do to get the inner part fitting as good as I want it to. It's in place with a couple of spot welds, next job is to take the door back off and finish fitting and welding

Name:  outer rocker3.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  63.9 KB

A decent days work, I wish there was a Royal wedding every Saturday