View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 03:04 AM   #17
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: HELP! 1969 GMC CUSTOM CAMPER advice/tips/knowledge needed - THANK YOU in advance!

This is one for you to keep in the back of your mind.I'm a 20 years of using this one tire.Its not good in the snow or Ice.But if you drive this truck on sunny or rainy days or hot days or hauling days or towing days this tire will not let you down There Michelin Rib tires 235/80/16 there a level E rated tire 3000 pounds per tire.They are so smooth you will love how well they ride.

Now these tires can get up to 200,000 miles but i've wore them down to where they would almost bald at 259,000 they can be regroved 1 time with a hot knife that's how much rubber is on them.

Please go to TireRack.com Look this Rib tire up look at all the people put these on there 5th wheel trailers and tow trucks and long distant motorhomes.

They modal this tire after the 22.5 semi truck steer tire and drive tire.

They are a little expensive at 900-1150 for a set of tires But it takes me 5 years to go throw a set.I'm in the scrap hauling business i beat the hell out of my tires and my trucks but they are token car of every 6 months.Here is what a tire look like after 150,000 miles and 2 1/2 years they run on a ford 8 lug 16/7 my hub caps fit on them i swapped my rims and tires from my 1965 3/4 ton flag ship i retired.of 20 years of loyal service
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote