View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #49
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Well I have been pretty busy getting things done on my build!

After a bit of trouble getting the proper torque converter for the 700R4 I got the engine and tranny married and installed in the frame. I then just had to install the Tri-Y headers and they seem to fit great.

I have also pretty much completed the core support with radiator and trans and air conditioning condenser and spall fans.

This really was the first time it was all (i.e. Ram Jet engine in frame with core support and fans, etc...) fitted together and after all the hard calculations and planning it seems like I have just enough clearance between my Vintage Air Front Runner system and the dual fans. I have about 1/4 inch!!!

Not sure if it was good luck or good planning. Of course I still don't have the cab back on with the inner fenders which will really tell the tale. It does look like I will be okay though.

The last photo is the cab loaded on a trailer going into Lethbridge to get the lower door skins replaced along with other things done before it goes to the body shop.

I found a great "metal guy" in the city who after working with him on and off for about 2 weeks am really impressed with his skills. He will get more of my work and I highly recommend him. More on him later!
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote