View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #942
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

There are a couple of more things I still have to work out. The reverse lamp connector on the NV4500 doesn't match what is on the SM465, so I have to figure out what the NV4500 connector is and where to get it. First pic is NV4500 connection and 2nd is SM465.

Also, I should have noticed but I didn't. The t-case yoke for the front driveshaft is different from what was originally in my truck. The t-case came from the '76 Blazer donor and it's front driveshaft may have survived my purge to the metal scrapyard a few weeks back. I'll have to hunt around. 3rd pic is yoke for the '76 tcase and 4th pic is the front driveshaft that came on this k15. I may be better off swapping the current u-joint yoke for the mounting plate from the original t-case to be able to use the double cardan joint (?) driveshaft to deal with angles, but from reading up it is apparently a pain to change these.

There was also a pleasant surprise with this '76 t-case. After installing a new speedometer cable and test drive, I found that my speedometer is now matching nearly dead-on with my GPS so apparently I don't have to deal with figuring out the right correction gearing for an adapter!
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote