Old 08-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #1624
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post

I'm running a Muncie too

Save the Manuals
Agree! I want to row the gears, but can’t (or don’t want to) afford a TKO or T-56 right now. This should be fun to drive and old school cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Which Muncie is that?

I would love to go back to a stick, but with my wife's neck problems she wouldn't be able to drive me if I overly indulge in the barley pop's after we cruise somewhere. Not to mention, I would have a hard time giving up my overdrive and the aftermarket 5 and 6 speeds that would handle the torque are quite pricey.
It’s an M21, close-ratio. I’m with you, $2500 for a tranny is outta my league for now. This should work out pretty decent with the 3:73 rear and 29” tires. Interstate will be ‘fun’, but that’s how we all used to do it and I’m not super concerned about fuel mileage.

Also, since I’ve settled on a manual, I went ahead and ordered a Brian Tooley stage 3 cam, ya know, because I no longer have to worry about buying a stall converter, and +60 hp with a choppy idle is old school cool, too

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote