View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 AM   #82
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

I have been wrestling with things electrical and it has been a steep learning curve.

Luckily American Autowire has a great support staff, actually have only been dealing with one guy, named Josh, and he is really knowledgable and helpful.

Ron Francis help has also pulled through a couple of times.

I have to stop working on electrical things and get the truck ready to send back to the body shop before we head to Arizona. Most of the major stuff has been figured out and I don't want to hook up stuff like front headlights, turn signals, rear lights and brakes, etc until I get it back in the spring.

I was going to try to get it running before it went back to body shop but have now decided against it because I won't have time to work the bugs out. I fear someone at the body shop firing it up and something happening.

Tomorrow I get the front fenders back from the metal guy and will be able to put them and the hood back on. I am taking him the back fenders to massage back into perfect shape. The body shop only has to clean, spray epoxy primer, put very little mud on and final prime. Should keep costs down some as metal guy is less expensive then body shop.

The seat is temporary but should get me buy for the meantime. Also visible is a rag over the master brake cylinder. I am bleeding it before moving out to the wheels. I at first had it elevated in the front and the bleeding did not seem to be working very well. Now that its level it seems to be working better but will let it sit over night and pump it up a bit more tomorrow. I also have the steering wheel on and think it may be too close, but only buy an inch or so! I am going to leave it for now until I get my new seat and see where it all ends up then.

I am pretty happy with the results so far.
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote