View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #152
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Ok, got some stuff done but also realized I made a big mistake 2 years ago. First the stuff that looks good. I finished cut and buffing the AC delete cover so it will match the firewall perfect.

Now for the big mistake. Two years ago when I drilled a hole in the firewall for my spark plug firewall pass thru thing, I just happened to mount it directly in the same spot where part of my heater box (interior) will be. So now the end of the box hits it not allowing me to bolt down the box or keep the spark plug on.
I really dont want to remove the spark plug pass thru because it will leave a big hole in the firewall which is in final paint.

One option might be to modify the heater box. Basically shaving the end of the box and using some epoxy to seal it back up. But also the vacuum actuator is also in the way. I would also need to shave that down and hopefully the epoxy will do the trick.
Or another option would be to ditch the bulk head fitting altogether and just put in a larger grommet that would cover the hole plus screw holes and just run the plug wire directly from the MSD coil to the dist. That way I dont need to mess with the box or mess up the box. I dont think its possible to shorten the bulk head fitting. Basically to shave down the copper prong.
The pics are below. Let me know what you guys think. Basically it was piss poor planning on my part and I did not double check everything that would be on the inside.
Attached Images

Last edited by 44boggers; 12-30-2018 at 09:34 AM.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote