View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #159
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

I picked up a sand blasting cabinet and powder coating set up a few weeks back so I could take care of some smaller parts I needed done. I figured the convenience of having my own made it all worth the money. I was able to get all my engine pulleys coated as well as brake pedal assembly, gas pedal and parking brake assembly.

I had to make some slight adjustments to my new power steering brackets, cause as they came from the manufacturer it would not allow me to get the correct angle on the pulley. Meaning that when the pulley was installed it was laid back a few degrees compared to the crank pulley. I ended up having to grind the top part of one bracket which allowed me to tilt the pump forward, add some washers for the spacing and now everything lays at the same angle. And since i have my own powder coating set up i could just sandblast and recoat the grounded bracket.
I also drilled and tapped the boss on the pass side of my intake for the temp gauge for my dakota digital dash. I did not want to mount the sensor in the head and have wires so close to my headers.

Its nice to get some of these small things finished up. I also used some stainless steel button head bolts to mount the parking brake and gas pedal so I didnt have studs sticking out into the firewall. I think it made a cleaner look.
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote