Thread: Truck update
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 02:18 AM   #33
Stephen717

Re: Truck update

Update time. The frame is coming along nicely. I'm currently in the process of sending and priming the frame to get it ready for paint. Then stainless brake lines and new shocks and front tie rods. I ordered the new radiator support mounts today from lmc and am waiting on those to arrive so I can weld them in place. Then I am going to take the 14 bolt out of my fathers old truck and run it while I rebuild the Eaton rear that came with the frame. I have to pick up the bed I bought sometime early next week and I have to order the tire rods and stainless brake lines yet. I also have to order patch panels for my cab corners and a polyurethane bushing set. Then it's body and motor swap. Most likely putting a t5 transmission behind the 250 for better gas mileage and driveability. Plus better cruising speeds on the highway since I drive the highway to work everyday. I have to get all new brakes front and rear and I need to get a master cylinder and brake booster since the new frame has disk fronts. I'll finally have power brakes. WOO! I have the big block ready to pull out of my fathers old truck but it's going to be a slow build on my part to make sure it's done right the first time. I am also putting a slightly bigger cam in the l6 just for better sound and a little bit better performance. Might put a small 2 barrel to replace the single barrel. Once the body is on though I can work on sanding and priming it so my uncle can paint everything at the same time while the truck is apart. I'm also going out to the junkyard next weekend for the seat brackets I need to mount my Camaro bucket seats. Then my bench will make a nice shop seat. I am building a custom console and doing all the interior work (other than reupholstering the seats from black to white) myself. The only other thing I can think that I'd like to order other than LED headlights and taillights would be a new high flow radiator that's big enough for the big block so when I swap motors I already have a sufficient cooling system. I'm pretty sure that's all for now. Will try to be better about keeping y'all updated.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote