View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #165
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Got a few more things knocked off the list today. I got my parking brake cable assembly all put together. I used the lokar/wilwood cable for the rear cables and then mated it to a 84-87 front cable. My exhaust was in the way to use the '83 dual cable style, plus this is much cleaner and easier.
I needed to sort out a way to attach the front cable to the wilwood equalizer, so what i did was use a stainless steel 3mm wire rope eye lit. I need to drill out the eyelet a bit to fit the pin through, but other than that it was an easy clean install. I used some wire shrink wrap to secure the ends of the cut wire, as you will see in the pics. Only thing i need to finish is to buy some more stainless steel button head bolts to secure the cables to the frame.

I started making the rear shock mounts, I decided to mount the shock so its at a 30* angle (which is what I believe stick was). Unfortunately my shocks are too long to mount them at a more vertical angle, but this isnt a race truck so I will just really on factory engineering. I will pretty much split the shock in half regarding travel, about 4" of shaft showing. Once I have the shock mounts tacked in, I am going to pull the axle again and put in the new gears and locker and get it painted for the final time.

I did notice my driver side leaf springs sit about 1/2" lower than the pass side. I will figure out a way to re-arch which ever springs are sagging so ride height is equalized.

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote