View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
zac

Re: Give me the really big picture on manual trans options

I'm posting a pic of the room I have to work with. Not much. 7 inches puts the transfer case stick under the seat, and the other stick would be hitting the seat in 2nd, 4th and reverse. My wife would never sign off on bucket seats.

I've never looked at the Gear Vendors stuff that closely, but it's interesting. Most of my driving would be on the road and alterations seem minimal other than the rear driveshaft. Looks like $3100 or so. Whats a ballpark for a NV4500 swap if you do it yourself?

I've looked over all of your work with the NV4500 pretty closely here, just seems like a little farther than I want to go trying to keep my truck close to original. It's just not what I would call a bolt in operation, obviously.

I guess if there was some internal mod for the 465 you guys would have figured it out decades ago. The problem I have with our hills in KY is I need my gears to be 2, 3, 3-1/2 and 4. There's never a right gear for doing a tight turn and then going up a big hill. Full disclosure: the engines I've had in this truck have been crap. Getting that right first is the priority, I'm sure that will help a lot.
Attached Images

zac is offline   Reply With Quote