View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 12:52 AM   #3564
Livemeyer

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Monday I received my cable pulling gel and Tuesday I finished getting the passenger door windlace installed. I'll likely tackle the driver's side Thursday or Friday. I also received my LED H4 headlights Monday. I only had a little bit of time before leaving for work today, I got one installed. I also added sound deadener to the passenger side door (I did driver's door last week, boy does that make a difference in sound when closing the door!)

Yesterday (Tuesday) I bit the bullet early in the morning and purchased my polished Flaming River steering column - $600 bucks. No more than two hours later I got a call from a local guy on CL who is selling steering columns, says he thinks the chrome or polished one he has is an Ididit column. He wants $100. I might buy it anyway, at that price, if it is what he says it is.

Ordered new 6.5" speakers for the doors today. I don't have a stereo installed yet, but the more immediate intent is to fill the gaping speaker holes in each door, they're ugly without something in there.

Eventually I will have carpet ordered. The bare metal floor really needs sound dampener but I'm not installing that until I have carpet so I can cover it up.

I also ordered new wiper blade refills from a guy on eBay. They're NOS because I couldn't find new blades that will work with my screw-in type of arms.
Livemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote