View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 05:30 AM   #174
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Its been a while since I posted, life has been busy, but I have been chopping away at it. I have 95 percent of my wiring all done. I am waiting on a dakota digital fan controller and then the interior wiring other than the stereo system is finished.
I did not have the original dash speaker corner brackets so I simply just made my own which cradle the 3" speaker, powder coated it and bolted it in the original location. It sits just below flush of the dash so there should not be any interference with the dash pad.
I received my radiator from Wizard Cooling in New York. I am very happy with how it came out, a nice shroud with dual Spal fans.
Brakes have been bled. I had to redo all of my flares on my brake lines. I have never had a fitting leak until I used this stainless steal brake line. Literally every fitting with a 45 degree leaked. The flares looked good to me (normal). I tried loosening and re-tightening but nothing would fix it. So I decided to convert everything to AN fittings, problem solved.
I had my bed floor and wheel wells sandblasted, which I then epoxied and sprayed bedliner top and bottom. I decided to go the bedliner route because I want to be able to through bags or whatever in the bed and not be afraid to scratch up the paint.
I am also happy with how the fuel filler came out. I think it looks clean and like it is supposed to be there.

I am gone for the next 5 weeks but when I get back I will finish the wiring and drop the radiator in and be able to drive it out of my garage for the first time in 4 or 5 year. Then its time to fit the door, fender and hood gaps and finish the body work. I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Oh yeah and the most import, get it TUV approved to drive in Austria.
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote