View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #3688
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

im am currently chasing the leaks in my a/c system. even at 10pm its 90 degrees in my garage and the humidity about 97%. I checked all the hoses I could reach then tried to drop the unit. the hoses and all the crap are holding it but I was able to drop it a few inches to check the lines under the dash. one was fine the other a little loose. felt confident I had fixed the leak put a vacuum back on it and it leaked again. its leaking quick. im going to go back out and soap all of the connections and put a vacuum back on it. maybe it will show me what im missing. its annoying to be so close and having a stupid issue. its a leak. I can fix a leak. I just cant find the stupid leak. headed back out.

okay. well that didn't work...or maybe it did. I put it on a vacuum for a few minutes. turned the truck/ac on full, added Freon with uv dye. spilledthe uv dye. wiped the motor down. added the Freon until the compressor cam on. let it run and hit it with my uv light. I did find a very small amount on the threads for the #10 hose with is the low side. tomorrow I will remove that end and re-lube and seat it. i guess its progress.

Last edited by evilokc; 08-18-2019 at 12:39 AM.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote