View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #13
lintcollector

Re: Noob with a daughters project

With the end of July, it was time to get to work. It started with a question posed in regards to an earlier question regarding Bernie's rear brakes. I opted to listen to the sage words & bought new rear brake cylinders.
Name:  2019 Aug 2019 New Brake Cylinders.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  59.8 KB

While she was replacing the brake cylinders, I went to work on replacing the rear brake lines. It was educational and kind of fun to create the runs & twists. I hit it with some yellow spray paint just to dress it up a little.
Name:  2019 Aug 2019 New Brake Line.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  63.7 KB

We tried to turn the key at some point and quickly realized that gasoline wasn't flowing. We bought a new fuel pump and swapped it out, then Bernie came to life. No more running back to AutoZone to get the battery charged again. No pics on that one, but it was good to have it start on its own.

Getting near the end, so I ordered an exhaust sytem after talking with Goose and pointed out we could pay somone $800 to do it, or we buy a kit for $300 and give it a shot. She wanted to give it a shot, so we ordered a kit. As you can imagine, it wasn't a perfect fit coming down from the Manifold, so we put it up in order best we could.
Name:  2019 Aug 2019 New Exhaust Start.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  69.9 KB

So we went to drive it up onto a trailer to haul down to the Exhaust shop. Due to miscommunication, the truck stopped early, so we fired it up and dropped it into gear, and sure enough, we laid a little rubber on the driveway...
Name:  2019 Aug 2019 Peel Out.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  56.1 KB

Then we sent it off to exhaust camp for the weekend and got it back today, with all of the little "issues" from the kit corrected.
Name:  2019 Aug 2019 Master Muffler.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  85.0 KB
lintcollector is offline   Reply With Quote