View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #11
Whamo

Re: Shop truck build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsoptich83 View Post
Im digging it. I can't wait to hear how that EFI system works and watch the install. Also looking forward to more of your Africa trips.
Man! I have really neglected this thread and again, I apologize...

I'll start with the Sniper EFI...quite simply, this thing Rocks! Total install (fuel pump and fuel lines) and wiring time was about 2 hours - it was a bit easy because of Rusty's lift. Truck fired on the 1st turn and it took about 10 minute for the computer to "learn" the motor...them puters have come a long way since my ole Commodore 64...

The only complaint about the system is the same one that everyone else has...The pedal is STIFFFFF and the throttle response takes a bit getting used to...all four flaps flap at the same flapping time! Sooo, at intersections you either creep through like your 98 and fell asleep waiting for the light to turn or you are spinnin your one legged beast like a 16 yr driving his cheerleader girlfriend's mustang...
I just ordered the progressive link that Holley does not recommend and I'll let you know how it works...everybody says it makes things mo better and everybody is always right...

Other than that, the truck fires immediately, there's no quadra-junk stumble, no gas fumes (kinda miss that) and it just works!
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=622194
Whamo is offline   Reply With Quote