View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 08:13 PM   #2052
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
So glad to see these updates Gringo! This is the first I've heard of using the Jeep fan. I've been hoping to use my stock rad and shroud also, so now its clear as day how do handle it.

In answer to the question posed by C10_ustacould, I can shed some light on what I used for hoses for the Gen 5. The upper hose shows the part number. The lower hose is harder to see but it is a combination of the factory 2014 Silverado at the water pump and spliced to a 90 degree bend near the radiator inlet.
Check out this thread for more info on the Jeep fan: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254617
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
I meant to ask about the Jeep fan last night when I was over there. How did you mount it, because I don't see the bolts that everybody else uses to hold the top arms to the inside of the shroud? Also, I thought the Jeep fans were a single speed fan?
Mounted per the above thread, I have cut the lower slot, but haven’t poked the top holes yet. There’s two versions of that same fan, I grabbed the Spectra CF13009 with 3-wire/2-speed

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote