View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #840
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Returning to the site that helped to establish many friendships, some of which cover several miles, it is heartwarming to know that I have a place to return when my family and I are in need of your prayers. If you were ever fortunate enough to have attended the Midwest All Truck Nationals, or had the opportunity to meet my father-in-law Ed somewhere along the way, then I don't need to tell you how special of a guy he truly was.

It is with a heavy heart that I wanted to let you know that Ed was unexpectedly called home to be with our Heavenly Father at 2:58am on Monday, December 30, 2019. I would not be the spouse, father, friend and individual, that I am today without his involvement in my life for the last 17 years. As I type this message with tear-filled eyes, I know that I am speaking to my extended family. While this might not be the best platform to share this message, it is the only one I know that I can use to share this unfortunate news with some of my friends that I have lost contact with over the last few years.

For every post or thread that I shared with him, or every conversation you had with him in person, thank you. He truly didn't know a stranger and would help anyone that needed it. He was an amazing father, father-in-law, grandpa and friend, and for that I am thankful to have been a part of the last 17 years of his life. When we started attending the Midwest All Truck Nationals, we were side by side through rain and sun. That show is what we look forward to each year and gave us ample opportunity to talk and laugh about the times we had.

I will end this post simply with a reminder to hug often and tell someone what they truly mean to you before you don't have the chance to do so. Unfortunately, I never shared with him how much he impacted my life, and for that I am left wondering if he knew how much he meant to me.

I love you Papa Eddie, and will miss you until we have a chance to meet again.

RIP -Eddie J. Grapes (US Army 66-72 Vietnam War Veteran)

Name:  IMG_0281.JPG
Views: 703
Size:  106.0 KB

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote