View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #51
pilotXC

Re: 1972 K20 LQ4/4L80E Swap

I'm going to call it "done" at this point... Need to color sand a buff the paint on the bed some, but I had it towed to the exhaust shop on Thursday and drove it back to my buddies house after, so officially driving again! Man, so different to drive this engine in the truck versus the SBC engine. I only drove about 8 miles, but everything seemed good. Temp was really cool on the gauge, but nothing seems wrong, seemed normal when I parked and checked the trans fluid and fan kicked on a couple times while it was still running.

I'm very happy overall with how it all turned out. Paint is not that great of a job, I really rushed it and it shows. Should have known better, but kind of had to have it done this week and as I keep saying, it's far from a perfect truck anyway. I'm sure I'll learn to live with it and once my kids are a bit older, I can repaint it if I feel like I need to. For how much I drive it and what I use it for, it's good I think. If I had to do it all over, I'm not sure I'd go to all the trouble given what I use it for, but I think I'll enjoy it non the less and I learned a lot. I'll try to follow up with more details and part info I used in a later post. Here it is out of hibernation.
Attached Images

pilotXC is offline   Reply With Quote