View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #247
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I tell ya man, you are on whole nuther' lever Vic. Every time I come and check in I'm amazed at the cleanliness of your work. Thanks for posting what it should look like!
Thanks, Brian. When you're old and retired you can dink around until you get it the way you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here, but you've done quite a bit! Looks like nice work Vic. Keep it up!
Hey Duane, I need to make some progress if we're going to make the TriFive Nationals in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Love seeing updates here. I'll have to Google spray chrome. I can't think a wrap would fly, but like you, I'm always amazed by that stuff!
Thx, John. After talking with the guy that does the wraps, I decided to go with the spray chrome. He'd never actually done chrome vinyl and I was concerned some areas of the bar might present a steep learning curve. So the grille bar has been at the spray chrome place since last week. No word yet on when it will be done, but he sounded like he preferred to collect several pieces before firing up the equipment. Said it takes an hour to get the equipment to the right temperature to spray and then two hours to clean up, so it's more cost effective to do multiple jobs. Speaking of which, he said it costs him 48 cents per second when he pulls the trigger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Looking great Vic.
Thanks, Dale.

I was able to lay down some Feather Fill and 2K primer recently. Still a lot left to do, but now I can block a bunch of stuff when it's cold outside. I'm deep in the middle of that right now. I anticipate more nice days in March so it won't be long until it's all one color... gray!

Kathy and I went to the World of Wheels show last weekend and talked with one of the owners of Hot Rod Express in Blue Springs. Their shop is only 25 miles from the house. He seemed enthusiastic about doing the paint and was willing to take it over when I felt it was ready. We went to their shop on Tuesday and got the nickel tour. They provide a full range of services - fabrication, mechanical, paint and body, upholstery, transport and etc. We're tentatively setup to deliver the car to him by the end of March and they'll do the final blocking, paint and cut / buff. I think this will work out better than hauling it all the way up to Iowa, especially since the earliest they could get me in was late spring.

Fingers crossed this works out.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote