Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 07:46 PM   #144
dajn
Account Suspended

Re: Sold American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I was born eight years after the war ended and I still cringe when I hear about stuff made by Mitsubishi.

My biological father would have been parachuting into Japan but instead he just ended up in the occupation forces. But I didn't even learn about that until the 1990s. At least two of my now deceased rural neighbors fought on Iwo Jima.
My grandpa would have most likely been apart of the invasion force of mainland Japan. The estimates of how many Americans would have died in that invasion are astronomical. So maybe the atomic bomb saved his life and then obviously my life. Who knows. He ended up in Germany. But as far as japan and Germany I think it's easier to forgive them than other countries. Just look at China. They teach with propaganda to despise and hate the United states. Hate Americans. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. They celebrate karl Marx like he is a God. China is playing the long game. They still believe they can reach communist utopia, which is one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived. If I cant have made in America, I can live with made in japan or Germany. They are solid countries nowadays. America had to teach them a lesson first to get there. But sadly avoiding things from China is currently nearly impossible.
dajn is offline   Reply With Quote