View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #74
Tempest67

Re: 51 Chev on a S10 frame, named Dale

I am getting ready for the new wiring harness, and new gauges are not in the budget. (engine rebuild destroyed that) So, what do you do with factory original gauges, and S10 gauges????....... put them together.

I removed each gauge from the S10 pod, Volts, Fuel, Oil, and Temp., and traced the printed circuit to locate the power (red tape) the ground (black tape) and the sending unit (yellow tape) The gauge terminals were just round ends with no threads, so I soldered on flat terminals (male) to accept the female plug.

Now, I needed to install each gauge in the 51 pod, so just the needle was showing. So after making some metal tabs, drilling some tiny holes for screws, and a few spot welds....

Here is what I came up with... the pic with the red needles was changed to white, I thought it was more appropriate than red.

I guess I will find out if it works after the wiring harness is installed, but all in all, I think it looks OK. (I messed up the location of the Temp. plate, but once it is installed, I don't think it will be noticeable.)

I am not sure how the electronic speedo on the trans will work this old Speedometer, but that is a problem for another day

progress continues..........
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote