View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:32 PM   #2155
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
How much clearance are you allowing around the tightest places for your driveshaft? I'm in the middle of this now also and not sure if I should trim my cab floor also. It looks like I've got about 3/4 of an inch after I install my driveshaft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Bottom the suspension out completely & make sure the d.shaft doesn't contact anything. If it does, trim things back until it doesn't. I usually build things w/a 1/8" thick (yard stick) spacer to pad my clearances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Thanks Scoti, that sounds like solid advice. I was thinking I'd need at least an inch, but I like your plan better.
I buried mine on the bumpstops then allowed minimum 3/8” all around. I like a little bit of wiggle room and am saving space for a possible driveshaft safety loop. I think if you have 3/4” of space, you are way good.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote