View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #19
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Got some good news yesterday. Rick at Hot Rod Express called and said they're back to full strength and will have a spot cleared for the wagon this coming week. He's going to bring a trailer to the house and load up the chassis, body and related parts. So hopefully we'll see some color soon. They're going to fit up the front clip, fine tune the door gaps and then block and paint. If I did my part halfway right, it should be back here in a few weeks or less.

If that sounds hopelessly optimistic it's only because it is. Any time you rely on someone else it's always possible the whole thing goes south. However, I think these folks are more than capable of pulling off a street worthy paint job. As long as their other customers don't apply so much pressure my stuff ends up on the back burner.

I got the gas tank mounted and made a decision on the console. Rather than build one entirely from scratch that looks totally homemade, I sourced a nearly complete, brand new (never installed) unit from a Chevy Volt on eBay. It arrived today and I think I'll be able to modify it to work. It has a more modern look than the ones you typically see in classic cars. Hope it won't look too much out of place.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote