View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #319
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I just tipped a cocktail to the paint prison god "here's to a quick release". I know the paint prison god loves some Jack Daniels......
Thanks, Dale. Wish I was closer and could help with that cocktail.

So here's what's been going on lately. HRE showed up about 2 weeks ago and hauled the chassis to their shop. About a week and a half later, they came back for the body. They also took all the front clip parts, so the first thing they plan to do is set the body on the chassis and assemble all the parts. Not sure when all that will happen as they still have a lot going on right now but at least it's in their hands. Feels weird with nothing in the shop.

While I was waiting for them to pick up the body, I made a little progress on the console. The parts I'd ordered to complete the console didn't show up until the day after the body was gone, so I'm sorta hung out to dry on that project for the near term. If need be, I can do some test fitting at HRE's shop, but we'll see what else I can accomplish without shuttling back and forth.

I scored a good deal on an Alpine stereo and speakers from a friend of a friend who's in the audio business. However, I did get roped into hanging new fenders on a trailer that belongs to a KC Chiefs player's dad. It's done, but I'm waiting on them to bring new tires for it. Fathers Day present apparently.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote