View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #450
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
skinny spare. not gonna need it anyway hopefully, just insurance. or keep it at home, accessible easily, and then call somebody to bring it to you if you get a flat, if you only plan to drive around the area. longer trips, mmneeyah, maybe need a spare. mount inside maybe? keep a can of that tire goop instead? messy, I know, but maybe get you home or to a tire shop closeby with no spare.
consider proximity to other things on the exhaust routing, including the spare, brake lines/hoses, park brake cables etc. might need some shielding around stuff.
Plan to wrap the exhaust over the axle, also at the transmission ..... everywhere else its at least 2-3" off.

I went and picked up a free wheel/tire. A bust because offset wasnt right ... but gave me a look at a 8.5" wide tire versus a 9.5" tire. Huge difference, ths would almost work.
Only concern would be the bottom left carrier hinge to frame. I think I could tighten it up a little with the tire at less than full air PSI.

that was a 215/70/15 - 8.5" wide tire

So I think I need to go with a 205/80R16 - thats 8.1" and same 29" height.
Should give me the width clearance.

I hate goop - will never use that ever again Always carry tire plugs and a compressor with me now.