Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #553
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

I broke the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line on my dad's truck on Wednesday. Got everything back together except for that part, so I had to track it down on Thursday. Got it done and back together though!

Yesterday morning, I hopped in Frankentruck and drove down to Milledgeville for the weekend. Several years ago, before the overdrive transmission and all the work that I've done related to the drivetrain, suspension, and steering this year, I was scared to drive the truck on the interstate. I got the overdrive in last year, and that made me less scared because I could actually go highway speeds, but I was always worn out whenever I got to my destination from sawing at the steering wheel the entire drive just to keep it in a lane. Finally replaced the steering gear, since that was the last steering component that needed my attention, and I didn't have to saw at the wheel as much to keep it going straight. It was a whole lot better, but the truck was still loose when I went over heavy bumps or potholes. As y'all read earlier this month, I had the u-bolts loosening on the rear axle this entire time, so now that the axle is actually bolted in solid, the truck drives super straight, doesn't wobble around, and actually goes the direction that I point the steering wheel at. I can now comfortably drive the truck on long trips without getting super tired, and I'm not longer scared of driving the interstate.

Long story short, the truck is not done yet, but it's at a point where I can really enjoy it and take some longer road trips without feeling exhausted about half way through the trip.

Also, my new front license plate showed up yesterday! Gotta rep my C10 Georgia club
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote