View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #2247
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
You can't blame us for the wipers! She came out as soon as you went to the store and started asking about the wipers that Kevin and I were talking about. I just made sure she went to the correct website and ordered the correct ones... and made sure she used the free shipping code that I found.

It all looks really good. I assume you had to determinate the block on the firewall to pass the wiring through your voltage regulator cover, huh? I see that you did replace the screws with buttonhead screws that hold the fuse block to the firewall, looks much better now.

I didn't get a chance to work on the Blazer this weekend, so my wipers still haven't been installed yet, but I think I will be using the stock knob like you did.

Also, my LED tails should be delivered today after seeing yours. See, it works both ways.
Isn’t she awesome!? Total surprise to me, which doesn’t happen very often. She is usually afraid of buying the wrong thing since I’m so darned particular.

I did pull the terminals out of the harness and fed them through the hole, but talking with Keith, I realized with the bottom exit that a slot would probably be just as good as a hole and require less effort. Speaking of, he’ll probably be recruiting you soon for his harness install. I told him to stock up on beer

If you wanna try using two of the billet knobs, I have a spare I won’t be using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Oh, he's not free from blame either. See the below quote from when I was trying to solve my 700-R4 problems and resist the urge to order a new TKO transmission a little over a year ago.
I think I remember you stating something along the lines of “best modification yet” and “I should have done this from the start”. I was just trying to save you from wasting money on yet another red fluid leaking slushbox

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote