View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #7
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 12v cummins into 62 c30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62c30 View Post
Thank you I appreciate all the advice. I am going to try and start it in the next few days and see what happens.

Is there a way to prime the engine? I am used to pulling a distributor. Gaskets aren'tas expensive as I thought they would be but what the hell is the deal on head bolt or stud prices????? Last set of arp head bolts I bought were for sbf and it was under $100.
The only way to prime the engine would be through the oil pressure sending unit port with a pressurized container. The oil pump is located under the water pump inside the gear housing and is driven off the crank. You have to modify an oil pump to prime fresh engines.

They have 26 studs in a box and they all are 12mm. 20 of them are pretty long as well. They definitely aren't as cheap as gas stuff. Plus the gas ones probably sell double the amount or triple and I'm sure that plays into the price.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote