View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #156
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Cut another little load of wood this morning. I'm trying to get into a routine of cutting a pickup load most every morning after chores until the rest of the semi load of logs is all blocked up and stacked in the yard. A "load" being about level with the top of the bed minus the toolbox and the spare. Just that much green wood smashes down that 1500 pretty good.

I almost need to buy one of those cheap HF hoists that you bolt into the back corner of your pickup bed. Some of these logs are huge and still mostly green. I can hardly pick up the round blocks even only cutting them about 12" long. There's still enough of that log to make about a half dozen more blocks, and that is the big end!
I made a log arch for my dump trailer last year . Comes in handy when I dont have the FEL kubota. Basic idea is the arch acts a high point for the winch mounted in front of the trailer . Block and tackle for the wire rope as the log comes up into the trailer the arch swings into the trailer and the log is halfway on the trailer . I then pull the log up all the way with the winch

Able to get wood in less than half the time . The Ambrosia maple in the trailer is now cut into slabs for a table
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 09-18-2020 at 05:08 PM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote