View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #161
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Yeah, I just block everything and throw it in the pickup. Simple that way. I could build a gallows with the rear stake pockets and use a come-a-long for a lift, but there's not many that big. I had a logging truck with a self loader years ago

Right now I'm working through a 50K# semi load that I bought last fall and had dumped in the sagebrush. It's a 1/4 mile haul to the house. I've gone through all the dry stuff and trying to get the rest blocked and stacked in the yard for winter after next when it will be good and dry, before I go out and start scrounging dead trees from the woods again.

I've got a bunch of misc saw work also: trimming lower limbs and attacking some of the thickets. That gets pretty discouraging because you spend more time dragging and stacking than cutting. Then I bought another 20 acres so that will need some forest management too

80 degrees and smokey today. I ain't doin' saw work in the afternoon.

Saws I have an obsession with saws . My usual arsenal going into the wood I have 10 more most old homelites and poulands My little saw 36 inch bar 395xp husky I have a 48 inch for it now
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote