Thread: Jesses' 48 PU
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #464
Jesse49chevy

Re: Jesses' 48 PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
Jesse, I had to do some grinding in the hinge holes that go into the door to give me enough "slop" to adjust the door, and these are original doors, hinges and cab. After getting the belt all lined up, I still have a little gap at the bottom, similar to what you have, just not quite as much now that the rest of the door is fitting better. Hope that helps.
So I find myself doing things twice, I think I could have built two trucks by now. My intention was to use the original hinges, I bought the pin/bushing kit and the face plates. But I simply could not drive out the old pins. I tried all I could think of, heat, hammer, even my 20 ton press couldnt drive out the pin. So I resorted to new hinges. Well apparently these Taiwan made hinges are not the answer. The doors just will not line up. So I took the originals to the machine shop to have the pins milled out. I didnt trust myself with my wobbly drill press set up and felt I would ruin them. I should get them back next week and we will see if they line up.
Meanwhile, im working on running the Wilwood universal emergency brake kit. Wish I had a lift like yours, im to old to be crawling in and out from under the truck.. LOL..

Check out my project:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559086
Jesse49chevy is offline   Reply With Quote