View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #397
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
It sure is a beauty Vic!
Thanks, Scott, you need to swing by and have a look if work or Katina ever let you have a day off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
good to see it back home Vic..!!
Amen to that, Greg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Looks great- has to feel good to have back. Don’t hit the garage door opener!
One of the guys on the tri-five forum said the same thing. Believe me, I've learned the hard way to lock it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It's absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks, Dale! Hope you're doing okay. Been checking Cal Fire occasionally to see if anything is near you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
VERY NICE, love those tri-fives. My 57 two door is under going interior now. Getting a bit impatient wanting it home so I can cruise a bit before I have to tuck her away for the winter.
Would love to see a photo of it if you get a chance. My interior guy called a few days ago to check in. I think business is a bit slow right now. Hated to tell him it would probably be end of November before the wagon sees the inside of his shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeep View Post
Looks great Vic! Is your rear floor supposed to have wood over it? What are your plans back there?
Thanks! Not exactly sure what is supposed to be there. When I bought it, it had a piece of plywood over the spare tire well. I removed all that and used the space to install the EFI fuel tank. I have a piano hinged cover that allows me access to the tank if needed. I'm considering having the upholstery shop put carpet over the cargo area with Velcro around the edges to hold it in place. I've seen several nice ideas for that area, but if you make it too complex, you lose the access to the underside.

So I've been slowly getting organized. There's so much to do, I find myself getting sidetracked a lot. I needed to get the tack strip in before installing the quarter windows. Due to poor planning, I've used up all the material I bought and the upholstery shop was out of what I needed too. But they'll have some in tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I've been fixing screw ups. The rear tires and wheels can't be removed without taking out the lower shock bolts and dropping the rear end down. I removed the spacers and milled .300" off the lug nuts which helps a lot, but if I ever have a flat, it will be pretty ugly. Not that I've had a flat tire for years and years, but the universe has a quirky sense of humor.

Also realized the condenser a/c hard lines that came with the kit wouldn't clear the splash pan. So I shortened them as much as I could but they were still too close to suit me, so I gave in and built a little pocket for additional clearance.

I'd like to get some of the quarter trim on this week (which is why I needed to get the tires out of the way). Will post progress pics if I can keep from wandering off to do other stuff.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote