View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #409
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

That would all depend on if you are a better cabinet maker than a metal worker.

As far as the tires and wheels on the burb, tires and wheels have never been a deal breaker for me unless the seller just stuck them on in hopes of jacking the price up beyond reality. That being the would be flipper who buys a thousand dollar TF shorty and sticks on a set of garish 22's in hopes of selling it for 5K. Those deep offset rallys and big tires would sell in a few hours on Craigslist or FB marketplace around here and a guy could put Wheels and tires on it that tucked in under the fenders if that was the look he wanted.

I remember back in the early 70's when I was working at the Firestone store in Waco, a used car dealer who did a lot of business with us had two 66 Mustangs on his lot a red one with mag wheels and white letter tires and a green one with white walls and factory hubcaps. Some guy and his son were in looking at the red Mustang but the dad wouldn't buy it because it had the mags and wide tires. Said it had obviously been hot rodded around town. A few days later a guy goes in and wants the green one but only if the dealer will swap the mag wheels off the red one to it. The dealer and his lot guy brought them up to Firestone and fifteen minutes later we had them out the door with the wheels swapped. He sticks the red one back on the lot and a couple of days later the same guy who was looking at the red one shows up and has a fit over it as it being just exactly what he was looking for and the dealer quoted him a higher price than he had had on it before and he bought it on the spot. Clueless to the fact that it was the same car he had looked at before.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote