View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
Canadian 72 C15

Newbie questions- 72 Gmc C15

Hey Guys. New to the forum and the world of trucks. Just picked up a 72 GMC long box and have already got the bug. It’s a fixer upper but is well on its way. Runs drives stops and someone has already done a lot of work to the body but I also think it’s a southern truck as it’s only been in Ontario since 2011 and it’s clean with no rot at all. Lucky me!

A couple of questions to get me started.

1) in the passenger side of the bed floor right at the back behind the wheel tub in front of the tailgate there are two bolts that come up from underneath with two wingnuts on them. This something the previous owner did for whatever reason or is this something that came with the truck to hold something down?

2) my doors have three holes for the mirrors to take the typical skinny stem mirrors but no mounting plates inside just nuts to hold the mirrors. Could they pre 1972 doors as 1972 mirrors look different to me or ?

3) the engine was swapped with a 305 80-85 year I believe. My starter went and it needs replacing. I have the three bold style one long one that comes from the back forward. Another that comes from the starter going back to the bell housing and one that goes straight up. Original style if I’m correct. Should I just got with this same style or might I be able to get away with one that will bold to the 305 block ? Haven’t looked for mounting holes on the block yet...

Thanks and excited to get some answers here!
Canadian 72 C15 is offline   Reply With Quote