View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Proportioning valve/Combination valve

Yes, I'm running disc front ( from McGuagheys) and Right Stuff MC and Booster.
The brakes work. It just takes a lot of pedal before the fronts start to clamp. The rears are already working by that point so the fronts don't do much. There's not a residual valve in there now. I'm trying to figure out which factory style Combination valve has the proportioning valve, the residual valve and distribution block all in one and where to get a "Kit" with all that in it. The conversion to disc used the original 68 (drum style) hard lines and came with new brake hoses that work with them. But that only uses one line to feed both front brakes. Most of the valves I'm finding, use two. I would like to just buy a Proportioning valve kit and install it to get all the functions in one unit. I know that since I installed the disc, companies have started offering a booster/MC kit with the valve, I'm just unclear on whether they have the valve with residual built in. POL said I would need residual valves along with the prop valve. "Right Stuff" doesn't offer a prop valve kit for that application and none of the other vendors have replied.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote